Welcome to our Ministries!
LIFT (Ladies in Fellowship Together)- This ministry is geared towards fostering spiritual growth among ladies. This small group meets twice a month on Mondays. The Ladies enjoy a tremendous time of iron sharpening iron. Come and be blessed. See you on Monday!
222- Our Men's Fellowship has 2 Timothy 2:2 as our key verse. This small group meets twice a month on Tuesdays. It is intentional and Christ-focused.
BURN- Bring Us Revival Now. This is our youth arm at GCBC. The Youths gather together on Friday evening at 7pm. Come and experience God and His word in a fun-filled environment. Be Careful you may just get BURNed!
Married Couples- This small group meets on the 3rd Sunday of each month. It offers an avenue by which Married Couples can grow, share and forgive each other. God has the blue-print for marriage, come and learn about it with us!
Seekers' Club- This is a bible-based mentoring program for young teenage ladies. It also offers opportunities by which young ladies can learn basic households skills.
Our Core Beliefs
The Word of God
We believe that the Bible is, not contains, the inspired word of God. This means that the very words were "breathed out" by God to Spirit-controlled men, and it contains no errors or contradictions. It is the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man; the true center of Christian union; and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinion should be tried . (2 Tim 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:19-21; Psalms 119:105; Psalms 119:160)
The Triune Godhead
We believe that there is one God, who has eternally existed as three distinct persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption and God's glory. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 1 Timothy 2:5; 1 Corinthians 8:6; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- His Deity and Humanity - We believe that Jesus Christ, second person of the trinity, is fully God and fully human. We further believe that He is the creator God, who is co-eternal, omniscient, immutable, omnipotent and sinlessly perfect. (John 1:1,2; Phil 2: 5-11; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8; Hebrews 2: 14-18; Col 1:16-17)
- His Virgin Birth - We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit in a miraculous manner; born of Mary, a virgin, as no other man was ever or can ever be born of woman; and that He is the Son of God, and God the Son. (Matt. 1:18-25; Luke 1:35; Gen. 3:15; Isaiah 7:14; John 1:14)
- His Substitutionary Death - We believe the death of Christ was substitutionary. By this we mean that Christ died in the place of sinners. However, as a result of His death, burial and resurrection, mankind can now find salvation through Christ's finished work on the cross. We further believe that salvation of sinners is wholly an act of grace. (Matt. 27:35; Isaiah 53:1-5; Eph. 2:8,9; 1 John 2:2; Heb. 9:22; 1Peter 2:24)
- His Bodily Resurrection - We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (Matt. 28:6,7; Luke 24:39; 1 Cor. 15:12-20)
- Rapture of the Church - We believe in "that blessed hope" which is the imminent, personal, pre-tribulational return of our Lord Jesus Christ referred to doctrinally as the rapture of the church. Christ will bodily return in the clouds of the air to catch away the church-age believers in Christ. (Jn 14:1-3; 1 Cor. 15:51-58; 1 Thess. 4:11-18; Titus 2:3)
- Tribulation and Second Coming - We believe that sometime after the rapture of the Church a seven year tribulation period will unfold on the earth during which God will punish rebellious, unbelieving mankind, and regather Israel spiritually to prepare the nation to welcome her Messiah. Also, at the end of the seven year tribulation period, Jesus Christ will bodily return to the earth in power and glory to wage war on His enemies and establish the Millennial kingdom. (Matt. 24:15-21; Dan. 9:27, 12:1-3; Rev. 6:1-18:24; Rev. 19:11-21; Rev. 20:4-6)
We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God. The New birth is instantaneous and not a process and it is a new creation in Jesus Christ. In the new birth, the one dead in trespasses and sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life as a free gift from God. This new creation is brought about in a manner above our comprehension, not by culture, not by character, nor by the will of man, but wholly and solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel; that its proper evidence appears in the form of repentance and faith and newness of life. (Jn 3:3,16; Gal. 3:26; 2 Cor. 5:17; 1 John 5:1; Eph. 2:1; ; Jn 1:12-13; Gal 5:22-23; Rom. 6:23)
The Ultimate Destiny of Man
We believe the ultimate destiny of man is two-fold. There will be a resurrection unto life and a resurrection unto judgment. The resurrection of life is prepared for those who have accepted by grace through faith, Jesus Christ's payment on Calvary for their sins, and in return they now possess eternal and everlasting life. The second resurrection is the resurrection unto damnation. This resurrection is reserved for those who have rejected Jesus Christ, and in return they will be condemned to eternal and everlasting punishment and separation from God. (Jn. 5:29; Rom 8:1; Rev. 20:15; 2 Thess. 1:7-8; Matt. 25:46)
Get to know how we started...
The doors of Grace Community Baptist Church swung open on August 2nd, 2009. The journey began after God had burdened the hearts of Pastor Dexter Kirby and his wife Jackelle about establishing a gospel-centered, Christ-exalting church that focuses on pointing lives towards Christ. With the help of Jothan Davis, missionary Alan Hill and family, and Luraine Gordon and family, the Church which is Baptistic in doctrine and conservative in its approach was born.
Beloved, despite the many challenges and hurdles encountered along the way, like Nehemiah and Ezra of old, this church has truly experienced the good hand of the Lord. In the first five years, GCBC has not only built a building but more importantly has built marriages, restored fractured relationships, and pointed wayward sinners to Christ! GCBC boasts a solid membership of devoted believers who love the Lord. While all this is important, of equal importance is the fact that saints are being edified and most certainly God is being glorified.
Friends, the purpose of this church is simple but imperative: edify the saints, and evangelize the lost, for the glory of God. The motto is very practical; every member is a minister. The mandate was given over two thousand years ago…"go ye into all the world and preach the gospel". We exist to show forth the love of Jesus Christ. In a dark community where the Devil is seeking many to devour, GCBC wants to be that beacon of light. As Martin Luther once said, "We may get tired in the work, but not of the work."